Thursday, April 8, 2010

Week 1 EOC - Chapter 1 - The Million Dollar Mindset

“There are some common characteristics shared between people who have mastered the art of asking.

• They know what they want. They are clear about their vision purpose, and goals.
• They believe that what they’re asking for is very possible.
• They are passionate about what they are requesting.
• They act even when they’re afraid or feel fear.
• They learn from experience so that they become better “askers: every time they ask.
• They are persistent. If at first they don’t receive, they ask, ask, ask until they do.

…I’ve told people thousands of times that they’ve just got to ask for what they want. The problem with that is they don’t know what they want!” (Success Secrets of the Online Marketing Superstars, Mitch Meyerson, pgs. 2 & 4)

Reading this I thought, how often I did not get something because I was afraid to ask. Or I did not know what I want. Or I thought about a million things I wanted only to start and change my mind. And it was all in my mind. Never had I made a real commitment or wrote anything down. I believe that writing it down on paper is the first step of making a commitment, setting goals. Writing it down is the start of making your vision a reality.

I think that sometimes I feel that it has already been done or I get intimidated by those who I think have more talent than me. Meyerson’s advice on page 9 says, “If you’re starting out, don’t be intimidated by the people who have already made a big impact. Start where you’re at.” If you do not start where you are at you will never start at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment