Thursday, June 17, 2010

Week 11 - Final Appraisal for Web Marketing Spring 2010

Like any other class that I have taken thus far, the class description never accurately describes what the class is about. So when I signed up for web marketing I figured it would have to do something with selling someone’s product using a website. I did know that Mr. Pinto was teaching the class and because of this I knew I would be getting my money’s worth no matter what was taught.

Well marketing is not about selling product, marketing is about relationship and this is what I learned, how to build a relationship with people, establishing a connection because people buy from those with whom they have a relationship. It is about delighting and seducing the customer so that they will return to my website time and time again.

We were taught to identify the major distributors and online outlets for content in the present marketplace such as eBay. We learned about current models for making money on the Internet such as affiliate programs and e-mail marketing.

We gain knowledge about guerrilla marketing and the two worlds of marketing and how to use the offline world to get people to your online world. We were taught techniques on how to make our websites more efficient by using web copy that sells, using headlines, and involvement devices. We learned how to collect email address to build databases with lists and sublists.

Not only did we learn we put what we learned into effect by making a website that utilized all that we learned. I got so much more from this class then I could have imagined. The class was challenging and well worth the time.

I feel that I have worked hard in this class not only fulfilling the requirements of the course by having all my work done when due, being and participating in class. I think my work showed some creativity and insight implementing all that I learned to the best of my ability. I do think I deserve to keep my A.

No comments:

Post a Comment